24 May 2018
Information we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, write a comment, Use Live Chat, Open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site. When ordering, registering, or subscribing to a newsletter on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
Information we get from your use of our services
Visitor tracking analytics tool
We use Google Analytics on our website to understand how visitors engage with our site. When you visit our website, your web browser automatically sends certain information to Google. This includes, for example, the web address of the page that you’re visiting and your IP address. Google may also set cookies on your browser or read cookies that are already there. If you are signed in to your Google Account and depending on your Google Account settings, Google may add that information to your Account, and treat it as personal information. More about how Google uses data from Google Analytics can be found here: https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners.
If you don’t want Google Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the Google Analytics browser add-on.
In order to protect your privacy, we use IP anonymization in Google Analytics.
When you use our services or view our content, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include details of how you used our website, such as your search queries, visited pages, date and time, location, device type, browser type and language, IP address, referral URL.
How we use
information we collect
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How long we store personal information
- Personal identifiers in Google Analytics are stored for 50 months since the last user’s
- Active subscription email addresses in newsletter database are stored indefinitely
- Email addresses in the newsletter database, that are inactive – meaning they unsubscribed from newsletter – are stored for 12 months since the unsubscribe action was taken
- Log information is stored for 50 months
If you order a domain name, your name, address and contact details that you provided in the order, will become public information in domain registries as required by the domain registration authorities.
In order to process and validate domain registrations, there may be a requirement to collect additional personal information such as utility bills, passport, drivers
Data transfer outside of EU
If your personal data is transferred outside the EU to third party service providers, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EU, including by entering into data transfer agreements using the European Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses.
Use of services by minors
Our services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide personal data through the services.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. Change and delete requests will be handled within 30 days.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
How can you update your personal information
You can change your personal information:
- by emailing us
- by logging into your account
How can you request copy or deletion of your personal information
You can request copy or deletion of your personal information:
- by emailing us
- by submitting a personal data export or deletion request
How can you unsubscribe from a newsletter
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails you can:
- by emailing us
- follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email
How can you request comment or product review removal
You can request comment or product review removal:
- by emailing us
Information we share
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners, domain administrators and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of our company if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- enforce applicable Terms and Conditions, including investigation of potential violations
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our company, our users or the public as required or permitted by law
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. We use regular Malware Scanning.
An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all credit card transactions. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
We restrict access to personal information to authorized personnel and GDPR compliant partners who need to know that information in order to process it.
Automated decision making
We do not use decision-making processes based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which could produce legal effects concerning customer or similarly significantly affect him or her.
Reporting data breaches
Should a personal data breach occur we will inform affected user by email within 72 hours.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information by emailing us or by logging in to your account.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals
We use Google
If you want to opt-out, download and install the add-on for your web browser. The Google Analytics opt-out add-on is designed to be compatible with Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Firefox
Third-party behavioral tracking
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking using Google Analytics.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices, should a data breach occur, we will notify you via email within 7 business
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails you can email us or follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.